How long have you been a professional makeup artist?
- I have been a professional makeup artist for the last 6 years. I love working with weddings because of the sense of beauty I find in it. Its a very special day and an honor to be a part of it!
Can you explain your pricing details?
- Click the Pricing section above to know more about the pricing for various events like engagement, reception, muhurtham, baby shower function, etc. The package includes makeup, hair do and saree draping along with a trial.
Where are you located?
- I am located in Chennai. I would like to travel outside Chennai as well, preferably within TN.
What makeup brands do you use?
- I use a wide range of professional products from many different brands that are long lasting, water-proof and are clinically well tested. MAC HD, NARS, Bobbi Brown, HUDA Beauty, etc.
Do you offer hair accessories?
- I usually offer all that is required to achieve the desired style will be provided subjected to availability.
Do you offer jewellery set?
- I offer muhurtham jewellery set along with the package. However reception set is available for renting at a very nominal fee.
Do you do trials?
- I require them! I feel makeup is so personal, and must be tailored to each client's specific style and facial features. A trial is the best time for us to get to know each other, and for me to fully grasp your needs as a Bride. I use this consultation to give you a taste of my artistry style, while getting to know you, your preferences and any ideas you may have. I like to test different products, colors, and styles on you and make adjustments together so that your makeup is exactly what you are looking for on your big day! Its truly a team effort, and your word is very important to me.
When and where do trials take place? And how long will it take?
- Most Brides come to my place for trial which is a few kilometers away from the Chennai Airport. I like to schedule a trial between 2-3 months in advanced, but I've had brides do a trial much earlier to their wedding date, its personal preference. Trials take between and 2 to 3 hours, this is the time where we create a look together, talk logistics and I really get to know your face.
How long does each makeup application take?
- On the day of the event, the makeup generally takes about 2.5 hours. This gives us a little wiggle room if we need it.
Will my makeup last all night? What if I cry?
- Absolutely. A true professional makeup application will last the full duration of your event. Not only are the eyes and skin prepared with the proper skin care and priming products, but you will be set and finished with professional powders and sprays that seal in and help fix the makeup in place. All the products in between the prepping and sealing are chosen for their longevity and high performance in all tear/sweat and weather conditions.
How do you keep your products sanitary?
- It is very important to make sure that the person you hire for your hair and makeup is sanitary. A good makeup artist will sanitize their hands right in front of you, have clean brushes, and a tidy makeup kit. I always begin applying makeup using cleaned and disinfected brushes and products. I have been professionally trained to know how to keep everything clean and sanitary. My brushes are cleaned before each work day and cleaned with antibacterial brush cleaner between clients. All eyeshadows and eye/lip liners are disinfected with cosmetic sanitizer between usages as well.